Wednesday 23 September 2020

Quotable Quotes

Please find below some interesting statements and quotes that I have been collecting for a while:
  • "Actually, it took about two days, once I got the program done, but it was eight years from the commission to the actual premiere on the East Coast." - writer's block, David Cope
  • "This one is breathtaking. I hear it's going viral. It should ideally be enjoyed in isolation" --- my comment on a video posted in Whatsapp group during the corona crisis.
  • Tools get used in the way people *choose* to use them. #freewill
  • "You don't have to be hopeful to keep fighting for a better future." --- from an article on climate change in The Economist
  • "We are NOT interested in PROGRAMS. We ARE interested in PEOPLE." --- from an weekly email blast of the LIFE church
  • "I don't have ego." #proudlyhumble --- my comment at a LIFE group session
  • "God, may I have serenity to accept the things that I cannot change, courage to change the things I can change and wisdom to differentiate between what I can change and what I cannot." --- Serenity Prayer
  • "We are not going to change the world, but at least we will be happy about it." --- Eats, Shoots & Leaves, Lynne Truss
  • "Between 1993 and 2016, eight abortion providers were killed by anti-abortion activists, along with at least four police officers."  --- Doxxing Wiki page
  • "tyranny of things" (The Pursuit of God, A W Tozer),  "molested by modernity" (Why We Sleep, Matthew Walker)
  • "The production of too many useful things results in too many useless people." --- Karl Marx
  • "Hell is a collection of individuals who are spending the bulk of their time working on a task they don’t like and are not especially good at." --- David Graeber, On the Phenomenon of Bullshit Jobs

No comments:

Post a Comment